FTP Upload Customer Instructions
If you need to upload an image to us larger then 3 MB you will need to upload it through our FTP site. Please continue to use email, email@example.com for files 3 MB or smaller.
Please follow these instructions for an FTP Upload:
1. You will need to set up an FTP account with Davis Trophies. (This is done at no charge). You will first need to email us to request a username and password to access our FTP site. You must include in your email message your name, address, telephone number(s) with area code and email address.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. We will establish your account and send you an email notification when it is ready to use. This is generally done within 8 hours.
3. Once we have you registered you can then go to ftp://davistrophies.com and login. (Please manually type in; ftp://davistrophies.com in your address bar).
You will then be prompted to enter your username and password. Something to keep in mind is that not all browsers are created equally. You will need to make sure that you're using a browser that has the FTP capabilities installed. Another alternative is to use an FTP specific program like “CoffeeCup Free FTP”. You can search the web for other freeware FTP applications too.
4. Once you are into our client FTP site, you will initially find a folder named "images". This folder was created on your behalf to drop your images into.
5. You can create any additional folders you require on your own.
6. You can then just drag and drop or copy and paste your file(s) into your folder.
7. After you have uploaded your file(s) you will need to then send us an email with instructions on what to do with your images. Please email these instructions to email@example.com. Remember to include print size, and print finish, along with any other instructions, plus a contact name and number in case we need to call you.
8. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at; firstname.lastname@example.org or call (570) 477 - 3052.
Note: If you receive an error message using Internet Explorer, please check the following: Go to TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS then click on the ADVANCED tab. Scroll down and find the box under Browser: "Enable folder view for FTP sites" and make sure this box is checked. Once this box is checked APPLY the change before exiting. Refresh the address and log on window should pop right up. Log in using the name and password provided.
Please send us only COPIES of your files, DO NOT UPLOAD the only copy you have of the file(s). Images can not be stored on our server(s).